DAT instruments provides different kinds of datalogger for Continuous Flight Auger (CFA).
Continuous Flight Auger (CFA), also known as Auger Cast Piling (ACP), is a piles construction method. The soil is drilled with a continuous flight auger and is filled with concrete through the same auger. Once concrete pumping is finished, a metal reinforcement cage is placed in the ground.
DAT instruments dataloggers for Continuous Flight Auger (CFA) / Auger Cast Piling (ACP), can display both instantaneous and average recorded parameters, depth graphics and data summaries. All these data appear directly on data logger LCD monitor. The equipment starts automatically when recording begins, and automatically stops when the required depth is reached. Rod ascent is also managed automatically (on/off or via continuous proportional control). Finally, our dataloggers automatically recognise rod change procedures, and suspend recording during the process.
The following selectable parameters can be measured and recorded by the appropriate sensors, both during drilling and rod withdrawal:
- drill depth (JET DEPTH)
- translation rod speed (JET DEPTH)
- boring rod rotation torque (JET TORQ)
- boring rod rotation speed (JET ROT)
- X and Y mast inclination (JET INCL XY)
- concrete pressure (JET PRESS)
- concrete flow and volume (JET FLOW)
- pile length
- date, time (beginning and end of work), duration
- input for GPS receiver
Furthermore, it is possible to transfer data from data logger to PC via USB pen-drives, WiFi, Ethernet and 3G/4G. DAT WideLog and DAT TinyLog can also directly export CSV files, compatible with Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc.
Benefits of using DAT instruments dataloggers
DAT instruments dataloggers can obtain superior results during the construction of CFA / ACP piles.
(1) The first Continuous Flight Auger pile was properly built using DAT instruments dataloggers: the mast inclination, rotation speed and rod rise were set up correctly and the pump was able to provide the required concrete flow and pressure.
(2) The second CFA / ACP pile has been badly built, severely compromising its bearing capacity: either the pump stopped at some level or the rod rise speed was too high, hence cement is missing. This situation can occur without DAT instruments dataloggers.
(3) The third Continuous Flight Auger pile was badly built, affecting the ROI: the cement pumped was more than what the project required. This situation can also occur without DAT instruments dataloggers.
(4) The fourth Continuous Flight Auger pile badly built, severely compromising its bearing capacity: the drilling rig mast was not perpendicular to the soil. DAT instruments dataloggers, by displaying the inclination, would have avoided this problem.
Software for CFA, Continuous Flight Auger, ACP, Auger Cast Piling
Easy DAT is high-quality software which lets you organize and process data, produce and print graphics and tables. Subscriptions are available at three service levels (Base, Silver and Gold), according to your requirements. All DAT instruments data loggers can be managed via this simple application.
With Easy DAT PC software, you can also set up project parameters and then export them to the data logger. Based on the project specifications, the data logger can then automatically execute piles.
Datalogger automatisms, specifications, accessories and sensors will depend on the model chosen and can be customized according to the chosen product and customers’ specific requirements.